Waste management can be handled in numerous ways. Some of its techniques are mentioned below. Read on to find which are they.
- Vacuum collection– Here waste is transported from homes or commercial premises by vacuum along small bore tubes.
- Curbside collection is the most common method of disposal. Here waste collected is then transported to a regional landfill.
- Pyrolysis is also used to dispose of some wastes including tires, a process that can produce recovered fuels, steel and heat.
- In some areas unsegregated waste is collected at the curb-side or from waste transfer stations and then sorted into unusable waste.
Garbage trucks are the ones those collect the garbage and waste from different areas and dump it at the right place. Dumping of waste is usually done in different land-fills wherein care is taken that is dumping waste does not hamper the environment. But dumping is done without following scientific methods of disposal. Such inadequate disposal practice leads to problems those impair human and animal health and thus result in economic, environmental and biological losses.
Steps to Simplify and Improve Waste Management
Steps needs to be taken in order to simplify and improve wastes management. Few of them are mentioned below:
- Streamline waste administration over the association through waste profiles
- Gain visibility and oversight of all site-level entities and identify waste sources
- Easily create an inventory of waste containers and shipments using a specific waste profile
Increase the viability of your waste administration efforts by following the developments of waste compartments, and quantities and types of waste in each area
- First of all you need to select and then identify the effective disposal facilities and the transporters for your waste dumping.
- Then you need to automate the management of invoices which is associated with the outer entities those take huge contracts of waste disposal.
- Make the estimation of all the costs for forthcoming and scheduled disposal of the wastes. The industrial liquid waste is treated in effluent treatment plants and brought down to the standards those are set up by pollution control board. Later on they are discharged into rivers or the sea. For industrial solid waste, the process is same as for domestic solid waste unless it’s radioactive in nature in which case it is dumped in lead cans into old and discontinued coal mines.
To solve this problem, innovative methods to dispose and recycle waste must be developed. To add to that, segregation of waste must be done and a model must be developed for the same.
Waste Management plays an important role in both generation of revenue and to keep the city clean. In most of the developing countries like waste is not managed in a proper manner where they are loosing much revenue and making life more complicated. According to some research reports every year 62 million tonnes of waste is generated out of which only 28% of waste is recycled and 72 % is left on the roads and the landfill areas for years to years which is very bad. In all most all developing countries this is the exact situation which they are facing now.